Conference: Living in the Avon Hills, Jan. 24

I just learned about an excellent, family oriented conference at St John’s University in Collegeville.  The conference is all about sense of place, taking care of the land, and being outside as a family.  With a baby due Jan. 20 I probably won’t make it, but I hope you can!

2009ahiconferencelogo

On Saturday, January 24, shake off the winter chill at the 2009 “Living in the Avon Hills” conference at Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minn. Award-winning author, naturalist, and wildlife photographer, Stan Tekiela will give the keynote address. The rest of the day is filled with speakers on topics of natural history, land-use, the arts and more. Bring the kids for sessions designed for them. At $15/adult and $5/child, this is an event you won’t want to miss. Register now!

For more info: Conference website

Eli ‘s work addresses Minnesota forest ecology & management. He’s based in St Paul.