Garlic mustard is an exotic invasive plant in Minnesota. Where well established, it can seriously inhibit regeneration and growth of not only understory plants, but also trees. In this video Delano, Minnesota landowner John Peterson shares his story about working to control garlic mustard in his woodland.
Below John’s video, you’ll also find a video and links with more technical information about garlic mustard control.
Garlic mustard: A Minnesota woodland owner’s story:
Controlling the spread of garlic mustard:
- Aldo Leopold Foundation: Garlic mustard management protocol
- Garlic mustard info from the Minnesota DNR
- More invasive terrestial plants info from the Minnesota DNR
- Read about a 2010 volunteer garlic mustard removal project in Fridley, MN
- Join a discussion with John Peterson and others on our discussion board