Minnesota EAB Community Preparedness Manual
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and the University of Minnesota with assistance from other organizations have compiled a Minnesota EAB Community Preparedness Manual. The purpose of the Manual is to provide information to help Minnesota communities develop their own EAB Community Preparedness and Response Plans. An EAB Community Preparedness and Response Plan is important because it provides a community with the opportunity to plan ahead to spread the costs and losses associated with the impacts of EAB and to be proactive in mitigating the impacts. The Manual includes valuable information from various resources that will help your community prepare for the arrival of EAB.
- Cover Page (PDF: 441 kb/1 page)
- Contacts, Preface and Table of Contents (PDF: 480 KB / 5 pages)
- Section 1 Introduction to EAB
- Section 2 Managing EAB
- Section 3 Tree Inventories and Replacement
- Section 4 Quarantine and Regulatory Information
- Section 5 Firewood Information
- Section 6 Insecticide Options
- Section 7 Wood Utilization
- Section 8 Outreach Materials (Some Copies Available by Request)
Support for the manual provided from Outdoor Heritage Fund, a part of the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment, as appropriated in Minnesota Laws 2009, chapter 172.